MVSB is collecting donations of new mittens, hats, gloves and scarves for their annual Mitten Tree drive, now through New Year’s Eve. All items will be distributed to local school and nonprofits. MVSB will also match each item donation with $2 to local childcare programs.
Mitten Tree donations can be dropped off at any MVSB branch location. A complete list of offices and hours are available at mvsb.com/locations.
“The annual Mitten Tree drive has been a beloved tradition at MVSB since 1979,” said Stacy Trites, Senior Vice President, Senior Retail Banking Officer. “We are truly grateful to our local community members for stepping up each year to warm hands and hearts with their donations – and to the MVSB employees at each MVSB office who ensure the items end up where they are needed most in their communities.”
The Bank’s matching donations will benefit the following local child and after school care programs:
- Community Church of Alton After School Program
- Ashland Parks & Recreation After School Program
- The Sandwich Child Care Center
- Gilford Youth Center
- The Boys & Girls Club of the Lakes Region
- Kidsworks Learning Center
- Moultonborough Recreation Department Beyond the Bell After School Program
- Pemi Youth Center
- YMCA of the Seacoast
- Rochester Child Care Center
- Kingswood Youth Center